Co. H Tames Dunster Team

V-Men Win, 46-39, In 4th Period Rally

Before some 75 people in the Indoor Athletic Gymnasium last night, Company H of the V-12 Unit overcame an 11-point last period deficit to swamp Dunster House, 46-39, in the play-off game of the '43-'44 intramural basketball season.

Despite a slow start, the contest lived up to Coach Adolph Samborski's pregame prediction of "a good game." During the first half the teams felt each other out and kept on a fairly even scoring keel, with neither team able to pull more than five points ahead.

The second half saw Dunster put on a scoring spurt which carried them 11 points ahead of the sailors. Led by Tom Keene '45, Saul Sherman '47, and Harry Phillips '46, the Funsters hammered away all period at the failing defenses of the V-men.

Company H Comes Back

But the fourth period saw a change in the course of the game as Company H appeared thirsting for blood. A sustained attack, featuring Dick Holland, drove the civilians back on their heels and gave the sailors the ball game. Holland's eight field goals topped the scoring for the evening.

Leading in points scored for the winners were Bill Lutz, Frank Romano, and George Bailey, who was lost to the V-12 team in the fourth period on personal fouls. The civilian squad was featured by Philips, with ten points, while Keene's eight helped considerably.

The game concluded this season's intramural basketball schedule. Dunster was victorious in the regular season Inter-House basketball, while Company H emerged undefeated from the V-12 Unit competition. The game was the result of a challenge to the House by the Navy group.