Conant Officiates At Corporation's Cambridge Dinner

University Officials Attend Meeting for City Officials

President James Bryant Conant and the Harvard Corporation were hosts to Mayor John H. Corcoran, City Manager John B. Atkinson, and eight Cambridge City Councillors at Eliot House last night. This dinner is the second of the annual affairs initiated last year.

The scene of the dinner was the rooms of the Society of Fellows in Eliot House. Such gatherings are one external indication of the close connection and mutual interest between the University and the officials of the city of Cambridge.

In addition to President Conant, Harvard was represented by numerous Corporation members: William H. Claflin, Jr., Treasurer, Charles A. Coolidge, Grenville Clark, Roger I. Lee, and Henry L. Shattuck. Paul H. Buck, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, Aldrich Durant, Business Manager, Jerome D. Greene, former Secretary to the Corporation and Secretary of the Board of Overseers, David M. Little, Secretary to the University and Master of Adams House, and A. Calvert Smith, Secretary to the Corporation and Secretary of the Board of Overseers were other Harvard notables present.

Cambridge Councillors present were: Joseph J. Cassidy, Russell Gerould, John Lynch, Marcus Morton, Jr., Michael Neville, Hyman Pill, Francis L. Sennott, and Michael A. Sullivan.