Gala Turnout Features Adams' Record Dance

Satisfied Clientele Declares Date Bureau "Good Gamble'

By midnight last Saturday there was no doubt that Adams House's first record dance of the summer term was a shopping success. The Lower Common Room was packed by one of the largest turnouts in recent years, and the Dance Committee, headed by C. Austin Fish '46 and Dick Gorlin '46, is already planning bigger and better things in the way of another disk dance in about four weeks.

But the real surprise was the committee's date bureau, which had twelve couples paired at the last count, and which was turning applicants away only two hours before dance time. Immense satisfaction was voiced by the dozen male participants, three of whom were members of the Dance Committee.

A sad note, however, was injected by one unfortunate Freshman, who saw his blind date walk off with a stag a few minutes before the end of the dance. He sorrowfully but vehemently declared, "I wish they would enforce the no-stag rule at a no-stag dance!" Most of the twelve, however, thought the bureau was "a pretty good gamble." Everybody had an enjoyable evening dancing to a variety of slow and fast numbers supplied by the Record Committee, and exploring the dark solitude of the Upper Common Room.