Crimson Netmen Lose to Seabees

First Setback of Summer For Varsity Tennis Squad

The Seabees of Camp Endicott handed the Varsity tennis team its first loss of the summer season by a score of 6 to 3 last Saturday on the winners' courts at Davisville, Rhode Island.

Although Captain Don Willner, playing first singles, suffered his first defeat, bowing to Joe Hoffer of Camp Endicott, 6-2, 6-2 the Harvard netmen managed to break even in the six singles encounters; it was the loss of the three doubles matches that provided the margin of victory for Endicott.

Ellis Frothingham and Smith were the only Crimson men to break into the win column and the absence of regulars Levin, Ross, and Moulton proved too damaging a blow for Coach Arthur Douropulos' men, who faced a top-notch club sprinkled with former college stars.

Willner and Rinaldi Lose

Harvard put up its best in the first doubles match, but Willner and Frank Rinaldi lost to Sauter and Lauve of Endicott 6-1, 7-5. Rinaldi, playing second singles, was trounced by Sauter, 6-2, 6-0.

The netmen will try to get back into the win column next Saturday when they take on Brown at Providence. The Bruins suffered a 9 to 0 defeat at the hands of the Crimson earlier this term.