C BACKS INTO PENNANT AS COMPANY D LOSES

With only 1 Game to Play, C Clinches Flag

Company C yesterday clinched the intramural softball pennant as its nearest rival, Company D, went down in defeat, at the hands of Company E by the score of 3 to 0. Proudfoot., E. hurler, turned in the shutout, allowing only three well-scattered hits to insure his team third place in the standings.

Company C and the NROTC meet this afternoon, but no matter what the result of this, the last game of the season, Company C still will be the winner of the competition. At this time, the flag-winners have a record of five wins against no losses. In second place is D with a record of five and two, while E is third, having won four and lost two.

Company A Outslugs Lowell

In yesterday's other games, Company A needed out Lowell House with seven unearned runs in the first two innings, 9 to 7. This put A in fourth place in the final standings with an even split of its six game as its opposition, Company B, failed to appear on the field, resulting in the fifth straight defeat B has suffered this season, while winning none.

One of the big reasons for Company C's copping of the bunting is their pitcher, Ronald II. Wright, who set the opposition back on their heels in every game. This made victory so much easier for his mates who, by hammering across three or four runs, were assured of victory every time.

Wright never let his opponents attempt an uprising against his hurling, and only the very lucky or very skilled managed to reach him for hits. He was backed up by a good fielding team; who behind such an ace, found it hard to lose a ballgame.