New Group From Army Air Forces Arriving Monday

Officers to Continue Work At War Adjustment School

Two hundred officers will begin work in the Army Air Forces war adjustment course on Monday, the AAF Air Technical Service Command announced yesterday. The new men will replace those of the first session of the school, who graduated last Saturday.

Located in the University Graduate School of Business, the war adjustment course lasts eight weeks, training officers to handle contract terminations, cutbacks, and property disposal problems that arise when Air Force tactical requirements change.

Most of the first class in the Air Forces school received assignments in the Eastern Procurement District, with a few going to other sections of the United States. One hundred eighty nine officers were in this first group, with many of them coming from the Boston district.

Heflin Commands

Lieutenant Colonel John F. Heflin, AUS, associate professor of Military Science and Tactics, is the commandant of the war adjustment school at Harvard, having given up his former post as head of the Army Air Forces Statistical School.

One-sixth of the 4200 Air Forces officers who are being trained throughout the country in the AAF war adjustment program will take the course at the Business School sometime during their schooling, with approximately 200 new men coming in every two months.

Dunster House is the home of the officers at Harvard, while their classes are held in Baker Memorial Library, at the Business School.

The graduates of the war adjustment course will be particularly well-equipped, because of the specialized training which they will have received in the school, and because of their previous business and Air Forces experience, to work with manufacturers on the many problems which arise in terminating Air Force contracts or in making the various adjustments which are necessary in the airplane industry