RELAY SQUADS WILL MEET R.I.

Mile, Two Mile Quartets Set For Races Here Tomorrow

Inactive since the opening Tuft's meet before the Christmas vacation period, Coach Jaako Mikkola's boardmen will swing into action tomorrow afternoon in a relay meet against Rhode Island State in Briggs Cage.

Scheduled to get under way at 2:30 o'clock, the dual meet will include two relay pairings, mile and two mile. A two mile quartet from the Navy Supply School will compete against the Crimson in place of the original Rhody outfit, which was broken up when two of its members left suddenly for the Navy.

Clark and Tuttle in Anchor Positions

Leading off for Mikkola in the mile relay will be Hugh de Fries, who recently copped the 600 at Tufts. He will be followed by F. S. Steinbauer, Cliff Wharton in the number three spot, and finally Bob Clark, running the anchor leg for the Crimson.

The two mile quartet will have V. C. Moriarty, Pete Robbins, Charlie Atwell, and Mark Tuttle running in that order. Both relays are made up entirely of Navy men with the exception of Wharton, an Adams man, in the mile quartet.

Coach of the visiting team is Fred Tootle, father of Freshman Jeff Tootel, Mikkola's shot put sensation.