LOWELL VICTORY BREAKS 3-WAY INTRAMURAL TIE

Victory in Overtime Topples F-G Quintet

Breaking open a three-way tie in the Intramural Basketball League, Lowell swept into first place yesterday afternoon beating F-G, 37 to 33 after three minutes of an overtime period. Last Friday F-G rolled over Company A, 54 to 18, to tie the Bellboys and Company C at top spot.

Kay Mallett of the Bellboys and Dick Clapp of the NROTC shared scoring honors yesterday, each piling up an even dozen points. Paul Haskell and Julian Hatton each accounted for nine of Lowell's score. Dick Foard and Joe Henrici were outstanding for F-G.

Outplaying the V-12 quintet all the way, the F-G squad romped to a 54 to 18 victory over Company A last Friday in a game postponed from December 14. Dick Clapp and Don Schacht sparked the NROTC drive; Mac Linnell, Harry Foote, and Bill Harris fought gamely for the hapless Company A.

Paul Haskell of the Bellboys is still far and away the League's top man in points scored, with 96 to his account. Dick Clapp of F-G runs second with 73. Don Schacht of F-G and Fred Donahoe of Lowell are tied at third slot, credited with 64 points apiece, while Bill Jones of Company C has piled up 59.

Tomorrow afternoon is to be a Navy show, as Company C meets F-G. Thursday the Bellboys get a chance to avenge the defeat they suffered at the hands of Company C last Tuesday.

The standings: Team  Won  Lost Lowell  7  2 Company C  6  2 Companies F-G  6  3 Adams  5  3 Company D  4  4 Companies H-I  4  4 Standish  4  4 Company A  1  7 Company B  0  8