F-G DOWNS C; SET FOR LOWELL

Accurate shooting and well coordinated floor work marked last week's only intramural basketball game, as the NROTC Companies F-G quintet oked out a 45 to 41 victory over Company C Thursday afternoon to forge from third to second place. Lowell, still the top team by half a game, is slated to defend its title against F-G tomorrow afternoon in the decisive game of the season. Since F-G has defeated Company C, Lowell will not face the V-12 squad as previously announced.

Both F-G and C worked the ball so well that Thursday's game was perhaps the most interesting to watch of the season. At the half the NROTC led, 22 to 19, and continued to hold a few points' advantage throughout the encounter. But the V-12 five fought all the way, keeping the outcome in doubt until the final whistle.

Joe Henrici's set shooting for F-G was extraordinary. Of 11 long shots attempted, Henrici made eight baskets. Don Schacht, also of the NROTC, played an excellent floor game, scoring 10 points, while Dick Clapp of the same outfit piled up 15. Wally Hull and Bill Jones were outstanding for Company C, responsible for 14 and 10 points, respectively.

The standings: Team  Won  Lost Lowell  7  2 Companies F-G  7  3 Company C  6  3 Adams  5  3 Company D  4  4 Companies H-I.  4  4 Standish  4  4 Company A  1  7 Company B  0  8