4 PROFESSORS APPOINTED TO FACULTY JOBS

Board of Overseers Names Economist, Three Physicists

The appointment of four new associate professors, three to the Physics Department and one to the Economics Department, has been announced by the Board of Overseers.

John Thomas Dunlop, new Associate Professor of Economics, first served at Harvard as an instructor in Economics starting in 1938. During the war he has been on leave of absence and has been working as an advisor for the WLB.

Robert Rathbun Wilson, formerly assistant professor at Princeton, has been working for the past two years on the atomic bomb and was one of the scientists in charge of the New Mexico experiment.

The youngest of the four, Julian Seymour Schwinger, aged 27, has done considerable work as a theoretical physicist, first as a National Research Fellow at Berkeley, and later as an assistant professor at Purdue. Since the war he has been on a leave of absence from Purdue.

The third addition to the Physics Department is Edward Mills Purcell, formerly a faculty instructor. A graduate of Purdue, Mills has been one of the group in charge of the developments in experimental physics at the Radiation Laboratory here in Cambridge.