SIX OF FACULTY ARE PROMOTED

Assistant Deans Kennedy, Dyer Receive Appointments

Promotions for two assistant deans of Harvard College and other faculty officers have been approved by the Board of Overseers of the University, it was revealed here this week.

Sargent Kennedy '28, who is an assistant dean, has been named a member and secretary of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and registrar of the College. His appointment will go into effect on July 1 of this year. Henry S. Dyer '26, also an assistant dean, has been chosen as assistant to the dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, director of the Office of Tests, and member of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. He will take over these posts at the same time as Dean Kennedy.

George H. Perkins '26, Charles Dyer Norton Professor of Regional Planning, has been appointed Chairman of the Department of Regional Planning. His appointment went into effect on the first of this month, as did that of Dan T. Smith, associate professor of Finance and Taxation, who was promoted to professor of Finance.

University Librarian Keyes D. Metcalf has become professor of Bibliography as of February 1, according to the release.