National Armies Must Give Way To World Force, Says Kenney; Emergency Meat Action Hinted

International Army Proposed

NEW YORK, October 9--Gen. George C. Kenney, No. 2 man in the U. S. Army Air Forces, said today the eventual abolition of all national armies, navies and air corps in favor of an international force was the answer to world peace.

General Kenney is senior United States representative of the United Nations military staff committee, which is laying plans for organization of a global force to maintain peace.

Contioning that he was taking a long-range view, General Kenney said in an interview that, without an international military force, the world faces wars.

"This may take years and years to accomplish," he said, "but the real answer lies with the countries of the world turning over their national forces to the United Nations."

The General sees two immediate obstacles to such a course--the natural demand for security and the strong principles of national sovereignty.

"Big armies may serve as a temporary basis for establishing that security, but that is only a short-term answer to the problem of peace," he said. In this connection he declared that the question always would arise as to how far security measures should go and "where will your army bump into the other fellow's."