Six Dances for Yale Weekend Set by Houses

Eliot, Winthrop Arrange Friday Eve Formals; All but Adams Schedule Informals Saturday

With preliminary plans for both Friday and Saturday nights now under way, Edus Warren '46, chairman of the Inter-House Social Committee, announced last night that the Yale-game weekend will feature six open House dances.

Friday night formal affairs are slated for Eliot and Winthrop, Warren said. On Saturday, with Eli's Cambridge invasion in full force, dances will be held in Lowell, Leverett, Kirkland, and Dunster. While Adams is not sponsoring its own event, its House Dance Committee will aid Winthrop and Eliot in planning for the Friday night formals, and will join in the seven-way profit-sharing of the weekend.

Rule Waived

Warren explained that the rule providing for one open House dance per term has been waived in view of the special circumstances involved in providing entertainment November 22 and 23. Originally the Committee considered the possibility of an all-College gathering, but found that the overwhelming attendance anticipated would make this impractical.

Meanwhile ticket sales for Eliot's Kick-off affair this Saturday night following the Coast Guard tilt went over the top, with all but a few ducats gone. Attendance has been restricted to conform with the Cambridge fire laws.