Conant Will Deliver First Course Lectures Since Assuming Office

President Scheduled to Appear At New Lecture Hall Tuesday

In his first course lectures since 1933, President Conant will make two guest appearances before University natural science students Tuesday and Thursday evenings next week, it was announced yesterday by Benjamin F. Wright, chairman of the Committee on General Education.

Speaking in the New Lecture hall at 7:30 o'clock both nights, President Conant will talk-on "The Strategy and Taoties of Science." He will propose a new method by which the historical background of scientific progress could more readily be grasped by laymen, as a step toward achieving a more unified democratic culture in America.

While these lectures are open to all interested, a series of six on Chemistry which will fellow in December will be open only to members of the two General Education courses.

Professor Wright affirmed that student interest in the General Education courses is running high, with classes filled to capacity. After the first year of the program, the experimental phase, methods and materials are expected to be so perfected as to enable the offering of courses to all students who wish to elect them.