Law Forum Will Open Friday with U.S.-Russia Topic

Domestic Sources of U.S.S.R. Foreign Policy Are Planned For Year's First Discussion

Opening with a discussion of the United States and Russia, the Law School Forum will hold its first session of the 1946-47 season Friday evening at 8 o'clock in New Lecture Hall.

Speakers for the initial forum, who will attempt to answer the question. "What are the domestic sources of Russian foreign policy?" are Harrison Salisbury, United Press correspondent and author of "Russia on the Way"; Arthur Upham Pope, director of the Iranian Institute and author of "Biography of Maxim Litvin-off"; and David Dallin, author of "The Real Soviet Union" and other books.

First of 12 forums to be held between now and April 25, 1947, Friday's discussion will concern "the forces operating on the ultimate formulation of Russian policy and how they are manifested," according to the Forum management, headed by Jerome L. Rappaport 2L, president. In the 20-minute addresses of the speakers, an attempt will be made to visualize "dynamics of the Russian mind" and discover the "objectives of Soviet statesmen."

Future symposiums and lectures concerning the U. S. and Russia will deal with America's policy toward Russia, the Soviet legal system, and the "solution in China."

Other general topics for discussion will deal with industrial relations in America, and international organizations.

Membership in the Forum is open to all University students at $3 per couple per season. For individual forums, admission for non-members is 50 cents.

After formal presentation of the subject by the speakers, the forums are thrown open to general questions and discussion from the floor.