Seven P.B.H. Men to Perform for Children In Settlement Houses

Lloyd S. Gilmour '50, an amateur magician, will undertake the most difficult assignment in his career as an entertainer when he dons his ghoulish garbs tomorrow and tours the metropolitan area to whip up Hallowe'en excitement for settlement house boys and girls.

For Gilmore suffered a dislocated shoulder in an accident last week, and his Hallowe'en wizardry will have to be accomplished, quite literally, single-handed.

Seven PBH Men to Perform

He is one of seven Phillips Brooks House Speakers Committee entertainers who will perform in the traditional Hallowe'en entertainment for settlement house children for the first time in three years.

Other undergraduates who will perform are William F. Haase, Jr. '47, musician and co-chairman of the Speakers Committee; Lynn W. Eley '50, also a musician; Robert C. Seaver '50, magician; Shephard C. Ginandes '48, community singing director, who has entertained at veterans' hospitals here under sponsorship of PBH; Marshall Goldberg '50; and Barry Golomb '46, magicians.

Entertainers Needed for Future Parties

Jay L. Fialkow '48, co-chairman of the committee, will drive the entertainers to the settlement houses. Requests for Thanksgiving and Christmas party entertainers will begin pouring in soon after Hallowe'en, Fialkow said, and he urged that all undergraduates who would like to entertain at settlement houses contact him at Adams House I-21 during evenings or at Phillips Brooks House during afternoons.