Kirkland Passes Halt Adams 12-6 in Last House Grid Tilt

Muldoon Sparks Deacon Eleven To Seventh Triumph; Yard Team Defeats Winthrop 19-6

Kirkland House completed yesterday its undefeated grid season with its seventh straight win, this last against a fighting aggregation from Adams House by a score of 12 to 6. The Deacon squad, coached by Pete Igo, met some of the stiffest opposition that it has encountered all season yesterday afternoon, but the passes of Andy Muldoon proved more than a match for the Gold Coasters.

Muldoon shot a screen pass to Jim Western in the first period and was good for the Deacons initial score when Muldoon took the ball again on a successful line buck. The try for the extra point failed. After trailing 6 to 0 at the half, Dick McCarthy, who sparked the Gold Coast attack during the entire afternoon, put Adams into a tying position when he crossed into the end zone during the third period.

Sleeper Clicks

In the fourth period the Kirkland gridders again moved into scoring position on another pass by Muldoon, this time to George Beard who had hugged the sideline undetected on a sleeper play. Western bucked the additional 2 yards for the second 6 points.

While the Kirkland - Adams game marked the official close of the House football schedule on which Winthrop took the cellar spot in the final standings, the Puritans played a post-season game yesterday afternoon with a talented Yard team. Holbrook made the only touchdown that the Winthrop eleven has scored all season, but the men from the Yard pushed the final tally up to 19 to 6 in their favor. Milford and O'Keefe made the first two Yard T.D.'s on passes from Bob Zimmerman. Bob Parker made the final score on an end around play. FINAL HOUSE STANDINGS House  Won  Lost  Tied Kirkland  7  0  0 Leverett  4  2  1 Lowell  4  2  1 Eliot  3  2  2 Dunster  3  3  1 Dudley  2  4  1 Adams  1  5  1 Winthrop  0  6  1