1,000 March in Climax Rally, Hear Harlow Announce Decision to Win

Not ten thousand men of Harvard, but about one tenth of that number, trod watery streets and stood on soggy ground for nearly an hour and a half yesterday afternoon, giving the Crimson football team its final send-off with the climax rally of the season.

Winding up before Dillon Field House after following a marching route that led from Memorial Hall down Quincy Street, down Bow Street, westward along Mt. Auburn, and finally south along Boylston to Soldiers Field, the torchlight procession heard from members of the squad, Swede Nelson, Cleo O'Donnell, and Dick Harlow.

"Fight" and "Beat Yale" were the words as a light soaking rain filtered down on the yelling Crimson rooters, spurred on by the band and head cheer-leader Gerry Spear.

Speaking last, Dick Harlow said that he had never coached a more courageous team in his life. "This team," he said, "can do anything they make up their mind to, and they're going to decide to beat Yale tomorrow."

Sid Smith, Len Cummings, Charley Gudaitis, Henry Goethals, Eddie Davis, Rollo Fisher, Jack Fisher, Will McDaniels, Bob Cowen, and Cleo O'Donnell were all presented to the crowd as Crimson-wearers who were playing their last game for Harvard.

"Fighting Tean," says Cleo

"You're going to see the fightingest team you ever saw out there tomorrow afternoon," O'Donnell told the rally.

Football at Harvard, Harlow said, is on the upsurge. When he came here in 1935, someone ran up a pennant after a Yale touchdown reading, "Who cares?" That, he said, simply isn't done anymore.

Visiting Now Havenites, members of soccer and college football teams, attempted to distract the throngs with the strains of the immortal "Boola Boola," but the insurgents were quickly out-shouted by deep-threated Crimson rooters.