Unbeaten Jayvee Gridders Squelch Yale Squad, 26-0

Harvard's best Junior Varsity football team in the memory of the oldest Cambridge inhabitant concluded an undefeated, untied season yesterday afternoon with a convincing 26 to 0 victory over the Yale Jayvees at Soldiers Field, sludging through the same miserable weather conditions that characterized every athletic contest of the day.

Captain Dave Farrell and end Bill Fitz, the scoring combination that paced Coach Chief Boston's eleven all season, provided the first two touchdowns for the Crimson Jayvees and the going was easy thereafter.

After ten grinding minutes of play, with both squads resorting to conservative football, Farrell threw the game's first pass, and Fitz snagged the sagging pigskin on the Eli 15. An off-tackle play saw Farrell cut away from two tacklers to score. Bucky Harrison thumped the wet ball through the uprights for the seventh point.

The same due exploded for the second Crimson score early in the second period, in a play which started at midfield. Farrel heaved a long aerial which Fitz caught after a long run, and Fitz skirted the sidelines for the score. Harrison again converted.

Yale's only concerted drive came later in the period, but it stopped at the Harvard five on an intercepted pass. With thirty seconds remaining in the half, wingback Paul Kelly intercepted a Bulldog aerial on the Yale 30 and returned it to the 9. On the next play, Tom Mosely's pass to Tom Wilson brought the Crimson its third score. Will McDaniel's placekick was wide.

The second-half was another mud bath, and scoring threats by both teams were halted by fumbles and interceptions. Late in the final period, Gibby Warren shook off several Eli tacklers and raced 30 yards for the final Crimson score, with the Bulldogs protesting vainly that Warren's knee had touched the ground