18 Nominated For Phi Beta Kappa Society

Fourteen Seniors, Four Juniors Will Be Initiated December 4 At Dinner in Fogg Museum

Eighteen men, including 14 Seniors and four Juniors, were elected to Phi Beta Kappa at the end of last week, Theodore S. Baer '44, undergraduate secretary of the society, announced yesterday. Eight of the men elected graduated from College at the close of the summer term this fall.

The men are to be initiated at the Winter Dinner of the Society, to be held in Fogg Museum on Wednesday, December 4, Baer said. William Elliott, professor of Government, will speak to the gathering.

Those elected from the September graduates were: John J. Butler '44 of 63 Ellery Street and Lacrosse, Wis; Heinz F. Eichenwald '47 of New York City; Colin F. N. Irving '45 of Brookline; Frank W. Reeb '44, of 371 Harvard Street and Dwight, Ill.; David Z. Robinson '47 of Perkins Hall and Westmount, Quebec; Donald H. Shively '44 of 95 Prescott Street and Upper Montclair, N. J.; Richard A. Silverman '46, of Washington, D. C.; and Charles P. Slitcher '45, of Cambridge.

Those elected from Senior standing include: Robert D. Cross '45, of Eliot House and East Northfield; Marvin A. Finklestein '48, of Cambridge; Jerome W. Fischbein '48, of Lowell House and East Orange, N. J.; Howard S. Hibbett, Jr. '44, of the Hotel Brunswick and Woodside, Long Island; Phillippe Meyer '46, of Cambridge; and Caldwell Titcomb '47, of Adams House and Augusta, Me.

Juniors elected were: Bruce H. Allen '46, of Cambridge; David G. Gill '45, of Kirkland House and Long Branch, N. J.; Timothy P. Miller '48, of Lowell House and Amarillo, Tex; and David B. Snow '47, of Lowell House and Manchester, N. H.