Crimson Matmen Train, 40 Strong, In Daily Sessions

Since pre-season Varsity and Freshman wrestling practice started four weeks ago, the wrestling squad has increased from the eight-man group that reported for the first session to a band of 25 to 40 daily grapplers.

With the fall sports program now declared officially dead, formal workouts for the grant and groan squad are being hold from 3 to 5:30 o'clock in the Wrestling Room on the third floor of the Indoor Athletic Building. Clarence Chief Boston, head coach for the season, will take up his duties next Monday now that he has finished as mentor of this fall's undefeated Jayvee football eleven.

Thomas in Charge

In charge of the grapplers for the last month has been Jay Thomas, but when Boston reaches the wrestling room on Monday, Thomas will become Freshman coach. Boston's plans for handling the squad will run strictly along Varsity lines, however. A Crimson heavyweight Intercollegiate champion eight years ago, Chief will probably work mainly with the heavier man on the squad while Thomas, also a champ but in the 121-pound class, will handle the lighter Weights.

Only two men seem assured of places on the team at this stage in the practices. Pete Fuller, former Milton and Dartmouth ace, is slated to fill the 175-pound slot, while Don Louria, captain of the team, will be in either the 155 or 165 classes. Six veterans of last year's team are also competing for squad positions.