Red Book Chiefs Seek Greater Independence From Student Council

Editors of the 1950 Red Book will con-confer with the Student Council Wednesday evening in an effort "to win greater Independence" in putting out the Freshman annual, editor-in-chief Robert J. Blinken '50 announced yesterday.

Under its constitution, the Council now has final control over the publication of the Red Book. As a result of this provision, the Council has requested that the yearbook's editors submit an itemized budget of proposed expenditures.

Blinken has declined to present such a budget as the present time, claiming that only the roughest possible estimate of Red Book expenses will be available until at least partial results of the year-book's advertising campaign are known.

Blinken has also requested that the Student Council allow the Red Book's staff greater freedom in putting out the annual, stating that "the Council's interference only makes that task of publishing the yearbook a more difficult one than it now is."

Chief of Blinken's complaints against "mismanagement" is his claim that the Council has delayed publication of the Red Book by its failure to get formal pictures of Freshmen during its first week of the term.