Board Will Take Applications for Chicage Meeting

College-Wide Ballot to Choose Delegates to National Student Conference During Vacation

With about three weeks remaining before the opening session, Student Council President Levin H. Campbell 3rd '48 announced last night the composition of a four man nominating board to here appliants for the Harvard delegation to the Student's Conference scheduled to open in Chicago December 28.

The Board will pick approximately ten names form the applicants and pass them on for final selection in a College-wide election now slated to he held next Thursday. From this ballot, three men will be elected to represent the College in Chicago.

Serving on the Committee will be Thomas Matters '43, assistant dean of the College, Harry Lec '48, member of the Student Council, Gene B. Carpenter 3G, of the Graduate Student Council, and J. Frederick Hoffman 3L, Treasurer of the Board of Advisors at the Law School.

In addition, the nominating board will determine the one graduate representative for the Congress, since no mechanism for election now exists in any of the graduate Schools. Campbell said that any member of any graduate school was eligible for consideration, spiking the impression that only men in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences were to be considered.

The four-man board will hear all applicants from 7 to 9 o'clock on Monday evening in the Student Council room at Phillips Brooks House Campbell announced. He emphasized that no one will be considered who does not appear. The slate to be presented to the College will be made up directly following the meeting, he said.

Meanwhile, men desiring to be sent to Chicago should leave their names with the secretary at PBH, Campbell added.

It was also disclosed that any delegate chosen by the College whould be supported financially, either from student Council funds, or with money collected at next week's Jan Masaryk talk, for which 25 cents admission will be charged. If enough money is not collected by the latter method, student approval for a Council subsidy will be sought on the ballot which will be sought on the ballot which will pick the delegate.