Cater, Fenn, Kuhn Chosen To Fill Vacant Council Posts

$300 Donation Sent To 'March of Dimes'

With the appointments of three new members, S. Douglas Cater '46, Dan H. Fenn, Jr. '44, and Roger S. Kuhn '46, the Student Council last night filled its standard quota of 17.

Cater, a resident of Montgomery, Alabama, and Adams House, a member of the CRIMSON Editorial Board in 1943, returned to college this term after serving for nearly three years with the Office of Strategic Services.

Currently Editor of the SERVICE NEWS, Fenn, whose home is in Cambridge, was President of the CRIMSON in 1942. He was discharged from the Army last fall after serving in Italy with the air force for two years, and has just reentered the College.

Kuhn on Council Committee

Kuhn is co-chairman with Levin H. Camphell '48 of the Council Committee on the General Education Report. He had a major hand in the preparation of the Council report on tutorial released last month. During the war, Kuhn did research work at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute on Cape Cod.

Council members elected in December by an undergraduate electorate of 440 were Frank T. LeBart, of the NROTC, Robert B. Palmer, of the NROTC, Irwin M. Arias, of the NROTC, Matthew J. Cullen, Jr. '45, Saul L. Sherman '47, Leo Flynn '46, David B. Wilson '47, and Arthur C. McGill '48.

Thomas L. P. O'Donnell '47 was elected president of the Council December 13, with John C. Harper '46 serving as secretary and William S. Ellis ocC as treasurer.

In addition to appointing the additional members, the Council voted to give $300 to the March of Dimes drive, set up to fight Infantile Paralysis. The donation was made on the basis of ten cents per student.