Track Team to Send Four to IC-44 Saturday After Three Year Lapse; JayVees Top Andover

Back in the intercollegiate track and field competition after a three-year absence, Coach Jaakko Mikkola will send an incomplete roster of four men to compete in the I.C. 4-A meet at Madison Square Garden Saturday.

"Willo" and Jack Fisher will try for laurels with the 35-pound shot and Pete Garland with the 15-pound. "Willo" held the I.C. 4-A little before entering the Army in 1943. The single entry in the pole vault is Pete Harwood, who, says Mikkola, has a good chance to win if he equals past performances.

Nevertheless, the coach cautions against run-away hopes, although the quartet will probably make a good showing. "If there were not such a scarcity of men out for track, there might be more than four competing," he adds.

Meanwhile, the Jayvee cindermen trounced Andover last Saturday, 46 to 35, for their second win in two starts. The field scores were especially one-sided, the Crimson taking all of the four events.

Bill Jackson started it off by tossing the shot a healthy 52 feet, 9 3/4 inches; John Holbrook followed by taking the broad jump, and Harwood's 12-foot boost took first in the pole-vault. A 6-foot, 2-inch high jump by Jim Harrington concluded the field events.