Pre-war Cinder Stars Stud Roster for Meet Tomorrow

Mikkola Splits Team For BAA, Tech Tilts

Bolstered by the return of seven pre-war stars, the thin Crimson track squad will attempt to regain part of its pristine track glory tomorrow, as it enters an almost all-civilian team in the Boston A.A. games tomorrow, besides placing three men in the New England A.A.U. games tomorrow afternoon at Tech.

Though the 1946-edition of the Mikkolamen lacks pre-war depth, Coach Mikkola has hopes of supplying the necessary talent from the expected influx of new men. In the meanwhile, the big guns of the squad will be veterans Doug Pirnie, intercollegiate 220 yard record holder; Ted Withington, 50 second quarter miler; Pete Garland, winner of three first in the 1942 Freshman meet; Willo Fisher, intercollegiate 35 pound weight and hammer throw-champion; Frank Coolidge, all winning in 1942 at 100 and 220 yards; and Bill Ellis, middle distance runner.

In the games at Boston tomorrow, however, the squad will not field a full slate. Running the mile relay in the heat against Tech and Cornell will be Arnie Eidleman, "Obey" O'Brien, Ellis, and Bob Clark. Cliff Wharton, who ran the second lap at the Millrose games Saturday, has been disabled by a bad leg.