Veterans' Groups Present Platforms Here on March 6

Amvets, VFW, AVC, AL Speak in Sanders

For the first time in any American university, representatives of all four major veterans' organizations will appear together to present their platforms on March 6, the Student Council announced yesterday.

Letters have been sent to the leaders of the American Veterans Committee, Amvets, American Kegion, and Veterans of Foreign Wars. Thomas L.P. O'Donnell '46, president of the Council, stated that he had asked the organizations to send the best men available, if top executives were unable to accept the invitations.

Question Period

Furthermore, one man opposed to all veterans groups has been asked to present his views. Speeches will be limited to ten minutes, and there will be a question period after the formal part of the program has been concluded.

Some type of pamphlet will be distributed at the meeting, listing the "Big Four," comparing them on specific points, and outlining plans and policies of several other minor groups. The forum will be open to the entire University and will be held in Sanders Theatre.

"The First Time"

According to O'Donnell, "this is the first time I know of that all four organizations have been on a speakers' platform together. I hope this method of bringing the problem of veterans' groups to American students will be adopted around the country, for there is no other way that a fair presentation of the entire situation can be made."

Details of the meeting, which has the approval of the Counsellor for Veterans' Office, are being arranged by a committee under the chairmanship of John C. Harper '46. Other members are Matthew J. Cullen '45, Robert Palmer NROTC, Paul Hellmuth 2L, Irving Kent 2L, John Mahoney 3L, Richard Weissman 2L, and Charles Porter 2L. Replies are expected from national headquarters of the various groups within the next two weeks, and further plans will be announced as they are formulated.