4 VET GROUPS ACCEPT COUNCIL BID TO SPEAK

Leaders Will Match Policies Next Week

Contrasted policies of two old and two new veterans organizations will collide in Sanders Theatre next Wednesday at 8 o'clock, John C. Harper '46, secretary of the Student Council, announced yesterday upon receiving acceptances of invitations sent to four nationally-known groups.

Believed to be the first time that national representatives of four major veterans organizations have faced each other on the same platform since the end of the recent war, this meeting will feature speakers from the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Veterans Committee, and American Veterans of World War II.

William Y. Elliott, professor of Government, who was a soldier in the first war, and a wartime administrator in the second, will round off the panel by pointing out the potential dangers inherent in any organization representing ex-soldiers.

A.L. Vice-Commander to Appear

The Legion has sent its National Vice-Commander, Jeremiah Twomey, while Colonel Frederick G. Bauer '00 will represent the other older group, for which he is the Massachusetts Judge Advocate.

Gilbert Harrison, one of the founders of the A.V.C., will speak for that one of the more recently-formed outfits, while National Commander Jack Hardy will present the platform of his own Amyets, the A.V.C.'s chief rival at present.

Each representative will have ten minutes in which to state his position, after which the whole panel will be the target for questions from the floor.