INVECTIVE FLIES AS TWO JURISTS ARGUE

Insult bordered on injury at the Law School Forum's second meeting, held Friday at six o'clock in New Lecture Hall, when Louis Waldman, labor lawyer, and Leadore Katz, general counsel for textile workers, challenged Dr. Emerson Schmidt of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in debate on the topic of "Labor and Management Today."

John T. Dunlop, associate professor of Economics, opened the meeting by presenting some questions he believed basic to the solution of the problem of industrial peace, and was followed by the three speakers. Both in the speeches and during the following question period personal insults were exchanged concerning the speakers honesty and fundamental knowledge of economics.

Next Friday's forum, to be held at the same time and place, will be a continuation of discussion on the general theme of the industrial future of the U.S. Speakers will be Norman Thomas, perennial candidate of the Socialist Party, Senator Burton R. Hickenlooper of Iowa, and Aivin H. Hansen, Littauer Professor of Political Economy.