Council Changes Date On Student Food Poll

Ballot Will Be Held Tomorrow At Noon in Dining Halls

Delayed by printing difficulties, the Student Council Food Relief Committee ballot on student menu cuts to help alleviate the European food shortage will be conducted tomorrow at noon, instead of this morning as originally planned.

In answer to several student communications, regarding the campaign as "misguided" the Committee also released a statement designed to clarify several misconceptions which they declared are currently popular among the students.

Among the complaints was one which declared that the UNRRA has sufficient money already and the student contributions would be ineffectual. To this assertion the committee replied that the money collected in the houses if the proposed measures are approved will be used to buy food immediately in the Boston area, which is not open to the UNRRA funds at present.

On the second major point questioned; the committee stated that it's estimate of many to be saved by the working of the plan was merely a low minimum arrived at by computation with the University. If, at the end of the term, this amount is exceeded, the surplus, will also be converted into food for immediate transshipment abroad.