Selection Committee For Prague Delegate Cuts Down Field to 8

Group to Interview Men Still In Running Wednesday Night

Narrowing down an original list of applicants from 20 to 8, the Committee for Selection of the Delegate to the Prague Conference last night announced that personal interviews will be conducted with the men still in the running next Wednesday evening beginning at 8 o'clock in the Student Council Room at Phillips Brooks House.

Though declining to name those specifically chosen, they did state that a prior Council vote had restricted the acceptable candidates to men enrolled in the College. Those who have been requested to appear for interviews will be notified within the next twenty-four hours, and the remainder of the original list will be informed as soon as possible.

Committee Extremely Pleased

The Committee expressed itself as "extremely pleased" at the variety and qualifications of the candidates. "We regret that we must choose only one out of the group," the Committee said, "because it means the elimination of a large number of men who would be more than capable of fulfilling the responsibilities involved."

Interviews will last approximately ten minutes, and the Committee plans to select the delegate either Wednesday night or very soon thereafter. Although no formal "briefing" for the individual chosen is planned, shipboard discussions and a New York meeting for the American group before the conference will trace the background and main purpose of the convention.