Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Crimson Tennists Work Out for Net Premiere July 13

3 Lettermen Return to Ashley's Court Crew as Opening Tilt With Bowdoin Approaches

With three lettermen and three numeral winners returning, the tennis team, under Coach Bob Ashley has been practicing for the last two weeks with an eye to their full, although informal, schedule this summer.

The lettermen who are here this summer are Bill Wightman, Edus Warren, and Bill Mayleas. And the numeral winners are Travis Gresham, Fred Flickinger, and Bob Dolloff.

Supplementing this list are several outstanding newcomers including Lane McGovern, a former Andover player, Bill Brady, a member of the University of Pennsylvania freshman team, Howard Schwartzman, Harold Melvin, and Mel Kessel.

Bowdoin First Opponent

The first match scheduled is with Bowdoin College, here on July 13. Then, on July 28, the team will meet the United Shoe Country Club of Beverly. They will also play Longwood Cricket Club, the Harvard Alumni, who defeated the Crimson varsity 8-1 this spring, and matches with the Law School, Business School, and the Graduate School of Arts and Science are anticipated. Since Yale is not on the schedule, no letters or numerals will be awarded this summer.

Besides this schedule, Coach Ashley is arranging two college singles tournaments, one for members of the varsity squad and one for the other college players, to start around the latter part of next week.