Intramurals

With the resumption of the old-time formal intramural rivalry a short week away, Leverett House impromptu athletes are currently adjusting their magenta gym shorts, attuning their tennis rackets, and sharpening sundry spikes in preparation for the initial defense of the Percy S. Straus trophy they spirited away for the duration in 1942.

The prized award, formerly presented each season to the house compiling the best record in every intramural activity, has been out of circulation for four years. League entrants include the seven resident houses and Dudley Hall.

House football, slated to get underway next Monday, will give the also-rans their first chance to begin wresting the straus trophy from its zealous Bunny guardians.

Ineligible for the trophy, freshmen will nevertheless be able to take an occasional whack at their more erudite brethren from across Massachusetts Avenue, Freshmen squads will also compete against each other in another aspect of the intramural program.

Other sports included in the conglomerate competition are touch football, tennis, rowing, track, cross country, and swimming.

Crewmen will not be afforded an opportunity to test their ice-breaking technique, but will be limited to instruction and workouts aimed at grooming them for spring regattas.