PBH Will Publish New Pamphlet on Amusements from Bach to Bacchus

After trail-blazing the wilderness of Greater Boston amusement offerings, Phillips Brooks House has turned up with its own "Entertainment Guide" for solace-seeking undergraduates.

Available at PBH this Tuesday, and every Monday thereafter, these mimeographed sheets will collate a variety of in town and in College events-plays, movies, concerts, recitals, art shows, sporting events, dances, lectures, colloquiums, and forums-into a list readily pasted in the back of any soporific textbook.

The first issue of the guide will catalogue events ranging from an exhibit of Italian and Dutch masters at the Gardner Museum to Holy Cross game dances from a lecture by Australia's U.N. delegate Herbert Evatt to Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall in "Dark Passage."

Inspiration Welcomed

While noting that the sheet is "not designed to serve as a notice of club meetings," Charles Lipton '48, PBH president, called on all College organizations to supply information on "events that will be of interest to a sizable proportion of University students."

"We have listed all local happenings we know of," Lipton said, "but we haven't been able to got them all. We'll welcome anybody with ideas for the guide."

A committee is being formed at PBH to scavenge for uncharted entertainment media, and to prepare the new guide. At present Fred R. Manly '47 is directing publication of the sheet.