Soccer Team Halts West Point, 3-2

Long Shot Brings Deciding Tally in Crucial Extra Play

Varsity center forwarded Roy. Heisler dissolved a 2-2 tie in the second overtime period at West Point yesterday afternoon, and gave the Grimson soccer squad a 3 to 2 upset victory over Army when he blasted in a bad-angle kick from 30 feet out.

The deciding goal, at 50 seconds of the second extra-time session, capped an uphill fight by the visiting team and unsuccessfully demolished what was considered to be the chief stumbling block in the Varsity's drive for an undefeated season. This year's Caydet squad is virtually the same outfit which last year ranked second in the East behind Dartmouth.

Potter Gots Equalizer

Bill Potter, who injured his knee last week and got the medical green light for the West Point trip only a few days ago, pulled the Varsity even with five minutes remaining in the final regulation period.

Harvard got in the first damaging shot at 10 minutes, 30 seconds of the first period on Manny Aguirre's goal, and held the lead until early in the second stanza. Then Cadet Jim Davis rammed in two quick scores from scrimmages in front of the goal and West Point preserved its one-goal buige until Potter's equalizer.

The Caydets, playing their usual knockem-down, drag-em-out type of soccer, were tagged with 14 penalties, against 3 for the Crimson. Coach MacDonald's squad registered all its goals on pass plays.

Yesterday's Varsity lineup: Batchelder, g.; Scully, r.f.; Burrowes, l.f.; Louria, r.h.; Ogden, c.h.; Mavor (capt), l.h.; Spivak, r.e.; Aguirre, r.i.; Heisler, c.f.; Blanco, l.i.; Dawson, l.o. Substitutes: Carswell, Chun, Dawson, Estin, Seamann.