Underdog Label Pinned on Crimson; Cavaliers See Contest as 'Acid Test'

Dick Harlow was rationally pessimistic before leaving, but he did not look gloomy. His team, if they win tomorrow, will not be pulling a Center College. The Crimson is not rated too far down in the nation's gridiron ladder and last weekend's sobering experience should have them well up psychologically for tomorrow afternoon.

And scouis Lamar and Boston said the Cavaliers were overconfident, to say the least. HARVARD  VIRGINIA W. Flynn (200)  le  Elliott (205) Honston (200)  lt  Kirkland (250) Drennan (190)  lg  Thomas (190) Glynn (205)  e  Frizzell (212) Feinberg (188)  rg  Baumann (202) Pierce (215)  rt  Barbour (210) Hill (180)  re  Weir (178) O'Donnell (160)  qb  McCary (172) Kenary (180)  lh  Bailey (198) Gannon (180)  rh  Pennel (177) Moravee (200)  fb  G. Jones (178)

half. has been out of action for the first two contests because of a bad charley horse. The team's leading scorer in '45 and '46, he was making a great bid for starting left half until injured. He is one of the team's best passers and is the most dangerous breakaway runners on the Virginia squad.

If Coach Gnepo chooses to start his regular line, they will average 208 pounds. Walt Schulte, 205-pound regular guard, will be the only first-stringer out of action because of an injury. Either Jim Dickerson or 190-pound John Thomas is expected to replace him. Larry Bauman or Dyke Jones will be at the other guard slot.

Tomorrow's game is expected to be the turning point of the Virginia schedule. A win over the Crimson will start the Orange and Blue toward the most successful season enjoyed by a Virginia team since All-American Bill Dudley cavorted from goal line to goal line in 1941.