Hotel Reservations Still Available To House Feminine Football Guests

Overnight lodgings for the sweet young things invited to the remaining fall football games can still be found in small numbers, a survey of local and New Haves hotels revealed this week.

New Haven hostelries have been faced with such demands for rooms that one, the Hotel Taft refuses to make reservations for women guests for only one night. Unlike past years no Yale dormitories will be turned over for the exclusive use of feminine guests.

The no vacancy sign is posted for the Dartmouth game at Cambridge hotels including the Continental Commander, and Brattle Inn. As for the Rutgers and Princeton games the closest sure room to also in Boston, with the Brown game being the first opportunity to make reservations in Cambridge.

Better in Boston

In Boston the lodging situation is better than last year when conventions crowded most of the hotels, but rooms are still hard to find. The Hotels Statler, Bradford, Touraine, and Lennex are definitely filled for the Dartmouth game although rooms are available for late contests.

Local haven of single females, the YWCA'a Pioneer, reported that a few rooms were vacant for the Dartmouth game, but said that reservations should be made 10 days in advance.

The Puritan, which boasts Wellesley approval and the Sheraton have only doubles and suites for the clash with the Indians. Over on Beacon Street playing host to the Dartmouth squad itself, the Bellevne reports some openings for October 25, and plenty of rooms for the Rutgers and Princeton games.

Reservations are still available at the Puritan and Sheraton for the Nassan game and the Rutgers clash. Best bet is the Puritan however for the Shcraton will be filled with the Tiger team.

All hotel official emphasized that immediate reservations were the only safeguard against sleeping on Cambridge Common.