Kenary Out of H.C. Tilt; New Backs Scrimmage

By Robert W. Morgan jr.

What approaches the final word on injured players who will be available for the Holy Cross game came yesterday afternoon from the doctors on Soldiers Field. The news is not entirely encouraging.

Jim Kenary, ace passer and left halfback, will definitely not play. Neither will guard Nick Rodis or end Stretch Mazzone. The availability of center Chuck Glynn is doubtful, but guard Emil Drvaric and end Bob Kennedy, both absent since the Western Maryland game, will definitely return to action Saturday. The doctors added that Chip Gannon is all right and can engage in contact work.

Coach Harlow prepared for the Crusaders yesterday with a 45-minute scrimmage. The A team line and a brand new backfield ran against Freshman opposition. The Varsity moved the ball at will, both on the ground and in the air, and the coach later termed the team's showing one of the best he has seen this season.

Flynn, Adams at Fullback

Wally Flynn and Sam Adams alternated at fullback, while Mel Freedman and Leo Flynn switched off at quarterback. Jim Noonan and Herb O'Connell paired off in the halfback positions as the squad rolled to a touchdown on its opening play and kept on driving for repeated thrusts that went all the way.

Earlier the squads ran through forward pass offenses with Gannon, Chuck Roche. Leo Flynn, and Hal Moflie doing the flinging.

The Varsity team in the scrimmage: Hill, re; Pierce, rt; Drennan, rg; Howe, c; Feinberg, lg; Houston, lt; Coulson, le; L. Flynn and Freedman, qb; Noonan, lhb; O'Connell, rhb; W. Flynn and Adams, fb.

Operate on Moravec

At the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital yesterday, Dr. Thomas B. Quigley '29 of the Dillon Field House staff operated on Vince Moravec's injured knee.

Of the loss of Kenary, Dick Harlow said, 'Next to Vince, this hurts the team more than anyone." The doctors could not say how long Kenary will be sidelined.