Council Appoints Chairman for '51 Register, Annual

Donald M. Maynard '51 of Nashville, Tennessee, and Thayer Hall was selected last night by the Council's Freshman Affairs Committee to head this year's Red Book board. Picked from a field of 20 candidates, Maynard will also direct publication of the first Freshman Register since 1942.

Picture of every member of the Class of 1951, as well as his school and home address will be included in the Register. "We hope to get it out by Christmas," Maynard said last night, "in order that its function of integrating the Freshman Class may begin as early as possible."

Competitions for the business and editorial boards will begin this month, Maynard said. Publication date of the Red Book has been scheduled for the end of this year.

In order to minimize editorial difficulties, editors of last year's Red Book staffs will advise the current board. Since vising printing costs will further complicate publication, Maynard said last night that more "interest and cooperation will be required from '51 than from any other Freshman group."