Prophets Award Slight Margin to Crimson Eleven

By Nd . and Charles W. Balley

The main interest in today's Stadium clash centered this week not around the teams themselves, but on the expected antics of the two-thousand-odd Indians who have been pouring down from the hills. When local sportswriters have taken off time from commenting on Hanover spirit to go out on a limb, the general consensus seems to favor the local forces.

Ardent Big Green rooter Bill Cunningham, who has devoted two full columns to the clash, managed to avoid the contest itself until the late stages of each article, when he was finally forced to code a slight edge to the Crimson.

Thursday night's Traveler quoted slight odds in favor of the home team, giving the Harlowmen a 6.5 point advantage over the visitors, while both George Carens and Arthur Seigel, veteran load observers, rated the Crimson a slight favorite.

The Williamson System of rating gives Dartmouth a .7 point edge, thus standing as just about the only expert voice to predict a win for the Green. The Globe's Hal Knees reasserted the 6.5 margin and seems inclined to string along with the local lads as does ex-tackle Vern Miller '42, who claims that "in the sea of new faces that dot the grid landscape is Cambridge lies the secret of Harvard's characterization as a November team."