Harvard-Yale Debaters Will Battle Friday

Dartmouth, Oxford Events Also Listed

Harvard and Yale debaters will meet in a home-and-home double contest Friday to discuss, pro and con, the possible re-election of President, Truman in 1948, Robert M. Beren '47, president of the Debate Council announced yesterday. At the same time, Beren outlined plans for coming wrangles with Dartmouth and Oxford University.

The Friday contest will be the first public appearance of the Debate Council this year, although members have been busy for several weeks examining prospective candidates for fall election and arranging schedules for this term and next. Ray Goldberg '48 and Edwin L. Jacob '47 will represent the Crimson home team against Yale in the Winthrop House Junior Common Room at 8:30 o'clock.

Dartmouth, Oxford Events

A Debate Council team has been scheduled to meet Dartmouth November 6 on a Federal World Government topic, and last year's Oxford contest will be repeated early in January.

Since the beginning of the term, the Debate Council has accepted thirteen provisional members, who will be elected on the basis of their performance in the coming events, Beren revealed.

At the same time, he disclosed that a special committee of the Council is working to establish a trust fund, supported by ex-Debate Council members, that will finance Council activities in the future.