Student Council Takes Reins of Salzburg Group

Plans for a second year of the Salzburg Seminar in American Civilization moved ahead yesterday as the Student Council assumed full responsibility for the project and then, later in the day, began its information campaign.

A unanimous Council vote at an afternoon meeting made the Seminar a regular undertaking of the Council, which will assume from now on all administrative costs on this side of the ocean. Last year the program was managed by a group of individuals who had Council approval but no more than moral backing.

In an evening gathering held at the Signet Society; Clemens Heller 2G and Benjamin F. Wright, professor of Government, addressed a group of faculty members, University administrative officials, and students about the history, achievements, and prospects of the Seminar.

Heller, who originated the Salzburg plan last year and helped carry it out, spoke of the success of the Seminar and its acceptance by the European students who attended. Professor Wright concluded his description of the summer's work with a call for the continuance of the Seminar.