Harriers Set for Eli, Tiger Chase At Nassau Today

Seasonal success will be at staks for 22 Varsity and Freshman cross country runners this afternoon when they race Yale and Princeton at old Nassau. Starting time for the Varsity meet is 4:45 o'clock.

The Crimson's 1947 record is anything but scintillating. Coach Mikkola's injury-ridden squad has knuckled under to M.I.T. Rhode Island State, Boston University and Dartmouth.

But this afternoon the Varsity will find itself in the position of the baseball player, who, after, striking out three straight times, comes up in the ninth inning with the bases loaded knowing that if he comes through, all will be forgiven.

Captain Huna Rosenfeld, John Cogan and Bill Baker are expected to lead the Harvard pack today. Weather permitting, Vince Moriarty (potentially the number one man) will fly to New Jersey this morning in an effort to boost the Crimson's chances.

The Varsity will race again at Princeton next Saturday in the Nonagonals and on November 17, the Crimson will finish out the season with the IC4A championships at New York's Van Cortland Park.