H.D.C. Casts for Fall Production, 'Enemy of People'

First details of the Dramatic Club's casting for its fall production, "An Enemy of the People," were disclosed last night as HDC members assembled at the Big Tree for a reading of the lbsen drama.

William A. West '49 will play the lead role of Dr. Stockman, director Ted Allegretti '47 revealed, while John L. Hedges '48 and Edward L. Benedict '46 were assigned respectively to the parts of Peter Stockman and Hovstad.

"An Enemy of the People" will receive experimental treatment at the hands of the RDC with lighting effects being used to supplement conventional scenery.

People Important

This is being done to emphasize the point that it is not the scenery but what happens to "people who sacrifice ideals to expediency" that is of real importance in the play, Allegretti stated.

In addition to lighting effects, pantomime by the actors will also be used to replace the scenery. This will make the audience lean forward and think out what is happening instead of sitting back and drinking it in, according to the RDC director.

Other members of the cast include: Robert F. Miller '43 as Alaksen; Robert M. Cipes '50, Billing; Judith Nelson, Radcliffe '50, Petra: Miss Elise Diamond. Mrs. Stockman; and Paul 1. Sparer '48, Kill.