'51 Plays Potent Terrier Pups Today

B.U. Freshmen Rate In Varsity Category; Bottenfield Returns

Rumors have it that the Boston University Freshman football team can handle the Terrier varsity without much trouble. At any rate the heirs to "Buff" Donelli's new football empire smothered the Tufts '51 squad 36 to 0 last week and will head up river to take on the Yardling eleven at 2 o'clock this afternoon on the Freshman field.

Fifteen pounds lighter than the Terrier pups, the Crimson yearlings will have the services of several regulars who have been intermittently benched for injuries.

Carl Bottenfield, who was banged up in the Dartmouth game two weeks ago, will be at his left half spot at the kickoff. Center Paul O'Brien will also return to the starting lineup today after seeing only limited action against Exeter last week. A newcomer to the "A" squad, John Carman will start the game at right end on the basis of what Coach Lamar called the "better all around play" he exhibited last week.

Lowell Starts Again

Lamar was sufficiently impressed by Jim Lowell's signal calling against the Exonians to start him at quarterback again and the rest of the Crimson backfield will feature the two Johns, White and West, who made it hot for the prepschoolers last Saturday.

The powerhouse B.U. Freshmen culled from high school star lists as far away as Pittsburgh, have two tackles weighing over 220. The Pittsburghers, backs Bob Boucher and Bill Pavalowski, team up with Charlie Kent of Arlington to present a powerful challenge to the Lamarmen defense.

"It will be grim," Lamar said yesterday.