NSA Parleys Will Open Council Docket Tonight

War Memorial Proposals, Band Finances, Food Conservation Included on Crowded Agenda.

Delegates to last summer's constitutional Convention of the National Student Association begin beating the drum tonight for College ratification of the new organization's charter.

A detailed plan for a one-week ratification drive culminating in college-wide balloting in dining halls next Wednesday and Thursday will be presented to the Council tonight by William J. Richard '49.

Will Vote on NSA

It is expected that the plan will be approved. Under its provision College students will be asked (1) whether Harvard should affiliate officially with the new born N.S.A.; and (2) whether they accept the N.S.A. constitution, Copies of the charter and other literature will be available in libraries next week.

The appearance of Richard and the other delegates will constitute only one phase of what is expected to be a jammed Council session tonight. Richard G. Axt '46, Council representative on the Alumni War Memorial Committee will officially present the war memorial Committee's recommendation.

Favoring a $200,000 plaque in Memorial Church and a $500,000 scholarship fund, the committee report will probably meet opposition from a Council that has long favored the building of a Student Activities Center as a war memorial.

No More Apple Pie?

Food conservation will also occupy an important spot on the Council agenda, since the Council food committee has laid plans to poll undergraduates tomorrow on whether they would voluntarily give up bread, pies, and other foods at specified meals during the week.

These conservation measures would supplement meatless and eggless days now in existence.

The financial plight of the University band will also come before the Council tonight, W. Jay Skinner '48, manager of the band, disclosed last week. Presentation of the band's problem to the Council is part of a band bid for HAA funds to defray travelling expenses.