Crimson Teams Sweep Over Brown

Freshmen Topple Bruin Cubs 20-6 As White, Lowell, Bottenfield Tally

The Freshman eleven made it a clean gridiron sweep Saturday. Taking charge of the situation from the opening kickoff, the Yardlings slithered their way through what had been an undefeated Brown Cub squad on the muddy Soldiers Field practice lot and sent the Bruins back to Providence at the wrong and of a 20 to 6 score.

Coach Lamer sent almost every member of his squad into the fray, in a steady stream of substitutions.

The Crimson opened the scoring in the second quarter following a John White punt runback. Halfback John West and White carried the ball inside and outside for 60 yards with White finally striking pay dirt on an off tackle slant from the 3-yard line. Jim Lowell made the point.

O'Brien Sots Up Second Score

Early in the fourth frame center Paul O'Brien, backing up the line, tucked a Brown pass under his arm on his own 40 and started running. The Bruins stepped him on their won 15, but moved back to the three on a penalty. Two plays later, Jim Lowell found the goal on a quarterback sneak and converted again.

Brown rallied desperately midway through the period when Walt Pastusac heaved a 30 yard aerial from the fifth that Bill Altieri carried over for a touchdown. The Cubs missed the kick and never saw the end zone again.

Just to wrap things up, Card Bottenfield came across the 'T' from his left half slot and carried the pigskin around right end for thirty yards, brushing off a few stray Cubs on the way for the final tally of the afternoon.

Reserves Shine

By turning loose his full reserve strength Lamar revealed much previously dormant talent. Bob DiBlasio, out with an injury most of the season, turned in some expert play at fullback as did Jerry Kanter, Jim Brennan and Tom Connors at guard.

The starting lineup: le, Bender; it, Kristopik; lg, Kanter; c, O'Brien; rg, Rosenau; rt, Sitter; re, Callahan (capt); qb, Lowell; lhb, Bottenfield; rhb, West; fb, White.