New Members Bolster Ranks Of Local NSA

College to Vote This Week on Affiliation

Five more New England schools became members of the National Student Association yesterday, as Radcliffe scheduled a mass meeting to consider affiliation with the group and Council members completed plans here for the College-wide referendum Wednesday and Thursday.

At a Springfield conference of the executive committee of the northern New England region--its first since the constitutional convention at Mount Holyoke last month--official affiliation with the NSA was announced for Smith, Middlebury, MIT, and Regis Colleges, and the Harvard Divinity School.

University Officers

Members of the regional committee are: Lawrence M. Jaffa 2D, regional chairman, and William J. Richard '49, chairman of the Commission of International Activities.

At the same time, it was announced that Radcliffe will hold its first all-student assembly of the year this afternoon at 1:10 o'clock in Agassiz Theater to discuss proposed affiliation. According to Sue Ehrentheil, Radcliffe '48, president of Student Government, the meeting is designed to acquaint all 'Cliffedwellers with the main purposes of the NSA, preparatory to a vote on membership to be taken at the Annex November 24 and 25.

College Decides

Students in the College will make their decision regarding NSA on blanks to be distributed Wednesday and Thursday, under Council supervision, in the House dining halls and at the Union.

Besides announcing the five new member schools, the executive committee's meeting yesterday laid plans for a joint assembly of delegates from both the northern and southern New England regions at Boston University on December 13 and 14.