Sportswriters Toss Up Coin And It Comes Down Yales

By Charles W. Balley

Today's meeting of two of New England's most unpredictable football outfits in the giant New Haven saucer fluds the gentlemen of the press box in their usual position concerning the outcome. A small but hardy band is way out on a limb stringing along with the Crimson, while the more conservative elements hug the trunk of the arbor prognosticoris and give the Bulldog a slim but definite hug the trunk of the arbor prognosticoris and give the Bulldog a slim but definite margin.

Jack Conway, Boston American: "The Crimson goes into enemy territory on at loast even odds with Yale. The myth of Yale superiority is very unfounded."

Jesse Abramson, New York Herald Tribune: "An upset is possible in a game that has suddenly become a tossup, in the way this one has."

Stanley Woodward, New York Herald Tribune: "I'm going downtown right now and get five on Harvard with ten points in a hurry."

Arthur Siegel, Boston Traveler: "The odds are on Yale by eight points, but if Yale is, on paper, only one touchdown better, then Harvard can win on the field."

Dean Brelis, Boston Globe: "Harvard's practice this week has been the most exciting soon on Soldiers Field this year."

Williamson ratings: Yale 88.7, Harvard 86.3.

That's the way it goes all along the line, So-called "antart-cash" is down on Yale, while many of the brethren prefer to call it the other way, shrugging off their decision in much the same fashion as Vern Miller '42, ex-tackle and Globe reporter, who explains his hopes for a Harvani win with "I've just got the feeling in my bones, and it's always been pretty reliable."