Irregularities in N.S.A. Voting Put Election System on Council Agenda

By S. WILLIAM Green

Allegations of irregularities in last week's college-wide vote on the National Student Association have caused the entire question of Student Council run elections to be placed on the agenda of tonight's Council meeting, Council President Edric A. Weld, Jr. '46, announced last night.

While the extent of the irregularities could not immediately be determined because of Council hesitancy in making voting lists available for checking, the following facts were definitely ascertainable:

1) That the total number of votes cast at Kirkland House during the first day of the two day ballot, as determined by a CRIMSON tally, exceeded the total number of those checked off on the House membership list as having voted during that day by 43.

2) That at Winthrop House, where students were checked off on the House list when they received their ballots, House members who never received ballots were checked on the list as having received them.

Overwhelming Support

3) That the overwhelming support shown for N.S.A. in the ballot made it impossible for discrepancies between voting lists and actual votes cast to alter the outcome.

4) That Council members, when the above discrepancies were brought to their attention by the CRIMSON, at first agreed to make the voting lists available for immediate investigating, then reversed themselves and demanded specific authorization from Weld before giving out the lists.